It’s been a long time coming (especially since we moved Eloise into her new room months ago!) and a lot of you have been asking, but here is a post all about Eloise’s big kid room! (And there will, eventually, be a post about Daphne’s nursery too… shooting the nursery is tricky with a baby and a toddler. And nap times and preschool drop-off and pick-up. But I digress.)
Eloise is (still) so excited about her room. If you come over (or have been over recently) she will want to take you on a tour of it. So sweet and I am taking it as a complement of how much she LOVES it! I tried to keep most of her original decor (though most of the artwork never hung in her nursery though I had good intentions of hanging a gallery wall in there for years!) which was the entire idea when I decorated her nursery to begin with. I wanted it to feel like she could grow up in there and have something familiar even once she transitioned into a new space.
As most of you know, this is the front bedroom which is at the very bottom of the stairs, and formally housed our office. We hadn’t done much to the space (except hang some things on the walls) since we knew it was mostly a temporary space for us to spread out and would eventually become a bedroom.
And without further adieu, pictures (because that is what you all are here for, right?).
And a source list for those who are interested:
- elephant hamper: home decorator’s collection
- frames for artwork: IKEA and Michael’s
- hedgehog nightlight (gift)
- rug: West Elm
- E light: Michael’s
- chandelier: Pottery Barn Kids (Dahlia Chandelier)
- baby animal art: the animal print shop little darlings (zebra // giraffe // lion)
- picture frames: wooden frames spray painted gold (Ralph Lauren Regency Metallics in Parlor Gold)
- hot air balloon mobile: DIY for E’s nursery
- bed: Wayfair (headboard and footboard) and DIY frame
- lamp: Oh Joy! for Land of Nod (old; similar)
- dresser: Land of Nod (Monarch 3 Drawer)
- felted animal bookends: restoration hardware baby & child (elephant // giraffe)
- artwork: handmade by E’s Grammie
- custom flag: The Petite Flag Shop
- quilt: DIY inspired by this YHL project
- bookshelves: IKEA picture ledges
- wooden house shadow box: Target
- beanbag: DIY
- curtains: IKEA lenda with added pom trim
- gold metal animals: Target (old)
- wooden ELOISE blocks: handmade by E’s Grammie
- wall paint color: London Fog by Benjamin Moore (taupe-y grey that reads slightly purple)
Love your big kid room Eloise!
This post contains affiliate links.